- This event has passed.
ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor
January 7, 2019 - February 17, 2019| $795
Our virtual training courses are the exact same material that is given in our public courses, just administered online. This format of training will help reduce time away from your job while still obtaining the training that you need. You’ll receive all the same benefits of SRI’s classroom sessions but in a virtual classroom environment. Each week our instructor, who is a lead auditor, will host a live session via GotoMeeting to review questions and lead a discussion relevant to the topics covered during the week. After successful completion of the course, you will receive your CEU credits and a certificate.
This six-week training will assist your organization in developing and implementing an internal audit program as an important tool for your quality management system that meets the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard. This class is designed to assist students in gaining a greater understanding of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and using that knowledge to implement an important tool for providing performance evaluation to management that leads to continual improvement. The course is based on guidance from ISO 19011: Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems which is the basis for all ISO system auditing. The course is designed for individuals who are starting their ISO and internal audit journey as it presents basic information and scenarios as learning tools. The course is fast paced with considerable student interaction required for success. The class is divided into audit teams which are expected to cooperate in learning ISO requirements and audit concepts and then using that knowledge in addressing audit problems presented in increasingly demanding scenarios. The class includes a total of 14 workshop/scenario exercises. The class is updated on a regular basis to reflect the latest guidelines for auditing from the ISO accreditation bodies. The latest version addresses new requirements including auditing for risk and risk management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is primarily designed for Quality Managers and personnel who want to advance their knowledge of the standard and internal auditing. Both novice and experienced internal auditors who wish to significantly improve their effectiveness.
Attendees are required to have read and are familiar with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Attendees will be provided with presentation material. Attendees are required to purchase their own copy of the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Standards will be available for purchase during the registration process.
- ISO 9001 in the world and the U.S.
- ISO 9000 definitions of Quality, Quality Systems, Requirements and Standards
- Deming’s Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model and how it relates to the new ISO 9001
- The 7 Principles for the new standard
- Fundamentals of Internal Auditing defined by ISO 19011
- Internal audit roles and responsibilities
- Internal auditing to the Process Approach
- How to write a nonconformity
- Nonconformance versus noncompliance
- Methods for ensuring good corrective actions
- A basic understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- A working understanding of auditing tools and techniques
- How to understand audit criteria
- How to develop audit evidence
- How to assess audit evidence
- How to reach an audit finding
- How to write a finding including a nonconformance
- How to explain the reasoning behind a finding
- How to conduct an audit interview
- Audit planning and preparation
- Audit roles and responsibilities
- The audit cycle and documenting the audit trail
- Process auditing
- Auditing and risk management