- This event has passed.
AIAG Core Tools of the North American Automotive Industry
April 25, 2019 - April 26, 2019| $795
The Automotive Core Tools are very powerful methods to define, establish, understand and improve your manufacturing processes. IATF 16949 requires the use of the five tools of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). The course is designed to provide an awareness of the purpose and practical application of these Core Tools. The course reviews the relationship between the five core tools and their application within IATF 16949:2016. Starting with an examination of the AIAG reference manuals, followed by instruction on the more common approaches, we then utilize workshops to provide hands on experience with each tool.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The audience for this course includes Quality Managers, Engineers, Process Owners and Internal Auditors.
Attendees are required to have read and be familiar with the IATF 16949:2016 Rules 5th Edition, IATF 16949:2016 Specifications and the five Core Tools references manuals.
Attendees will be provided with a copy of the course presentation material. Attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 9001:2015 standard, IATF 16949:2016 Rules, IATF 16949:2016 Specifications and the five Core Tools reference manuals. Standards will be available for purchase during the registration process.
- Introduction to the Core Tools and their relationship with IATF 16949
- The Sequence of the tools
- Advanced Product Quality Planning – the overall organizational tool Process Definition through Flow Charting
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis to understand risks
- Control Plan development to mitigate/control the identified risks
- Measurement Systems Analysis to evaluate the inherent measurement system error Statistical Process Control to understand and reduce product and process variation Production Part Approval Process leading to customer approval of the part/process